What to Expect with Meth Testing
If you need an onsite meth damage test, rest assured that our meth testing service is fast, easy, and non-destructive. Here's what to expect:
- A technician will arrive equipped with a handheld meth detection scanner, sterile cotton swabs, a spray bottle of alcohol, and a small square testing template.
- Because meth residue is potentially harmful and can be absorbed through incidental skin contact, don't be alarmed when the technician uses protective clothing such as disposable paper booties, goggles, and gloves. In some cases, the technician may even wear a full hazmat suit.
- We follow all guidelines for meth testing including taking samples in test areas measuring 100 square centimeters.
- The technician will take numerous samples from around the building including samples from walls, ceilings, floors, baseboards, cabinets, masonry, and furnishings.
- The sampling procedure is a simple matter of wiping a surface with a sterile cotton swap sprayed with alcohol. A few quick swipes and the sample is now ready to be scanned with the meth detection scanner.
- In some cases, the direct scanning may be needed. For example, if you suspect that meth chemicals were dumped in the dirt, the scanner can scan the dirt samples directly.
- All samples and test results will be documented.
- Depending on the size of the property being tested, the process can take anywhere from about ten minutes to over an hour.
- The technician will immediately let you know if meth was detected, and we will follow up by creating a detailed report.
Whether you need meth damage testing as part of an insurance claim, lawsuit, potential real estate purchase, or for peace of mind, the process is affordable, easy, and fast. Contact us today to get started.